The Department of Biochemistry seeks to advance the understanding of chemical structures and processes that constitute health and disease and, underlie the transformations between these two states in the human body. Along with Anatomy and Physiology, it forms the foundation of basic medical sciences.
- The teaching of Biochemistry focusses on the structure and function of cellular components and bio-molecules as well as integrates the application of this knowledge in a clinical scenario.
- This is essential to understand the complex biochemical interactions within the human body both in health and disease.
- The department encourages small group discussions/interactions especially during the practical sessions. This enables students to understand concepts and orients them towards planning and pursuing research projects.
- The department invites clinicians to discuss case scenarios that integrate and highlight the role of biochemical mechanisms in health and causation of certain diseases. This promotes better clinical understanding in students.
- The Biochemistry section of the Diagnostic laboratory is NABL accredited, endowed with state of the art facilities, latest equipment, skilled laboratory personnel and offers round the clock services in an effort to provide quality health care service to patients.
Dr. Vanitha Gowda M N
Professor & HOD
Dr. Vasudha K C
Dr. Meera K S
Dr. Krishna Murthy U
Dr. Nirmitha Dev M
Dr. Navikala K
Dr. Sujit Kumar Shukla