All the seats, including NRI/Management quota, are allotted by merit through online counselling conducted by Karnataka Examination Authority ( kea.kar.nic.in ).
Selection is based on the rank obtained in the National Eligiblity-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) conducted on an all India basis by the Central Board of Secondary Education.
- Candidate should have passed 12th standard, should have obtained 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (taken together) and should have passed English as one of the subjects.
- The candidates should have completed 17 years of age as on 31st December of the year of admission.
FOREIGN NATIONALS, NON-RESIDENT INDIANS AND PEOPLE OF INDIAN ORIGIN
- The candidates should have completed 17 years of age as on the31st December of the year of admission
- Candidate should have passed 12th standard (or equivalent) and should have obtained 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (taken together)
- Should have passed English as one of the subjects.
- 15% of the total admissions each year (23 seats)
- Should have documents to prove their NRI/FOREIGN status (Eg. passport, work permit, school certificate, etc.)
- Inward remittance certificate from the Reserve Bank of India.
Should have the eligibility certificate from the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health
Science (RGUHS) to pursue medical education programmes in the state of Karnataka.